Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dayenu! My first Seder

Thanks Aunt Liz, Uncle Mike, Tomer, Etai, and Willow for including us Christians (me, mom, and Grandma) in the beautiful family tradition known as the Passover seder. I had so much fun! I didn't get to drink the wine or eat the matzo ball soup, but I got to hear songs, poetry, history, storytelling, and watch my family celebrate life. I think it's a pretty cool religion that devotes a whole meal to remembering those who have suffered. This is part of the seder opening prayer: "May the problem of all who are downtrodden be our problem; may the concern of all who are afflicted be our concern; may the struggle of all who strive for liberty and equality be our struggle."

What a beautiful night. Thank you so much for including me and my mom in this. It means more to her than anything, and I feel lucky to have been a part of it. Next year I'm finding the matzo!




No comments: