Last night, when we all got home at 5:30 or so, it was very dark. It kind of makes me sad. I like playing ball in the driveway but now its too dark to see. After dinner, my mom and dad decided, WHO CARES. It was cold, it was very dark, and so we bundled up... me in my new kickin winter coat from Old Navy, Mom and Dad in their warm coats and hats, and we put head lamps on that Dad uses for camping and we took Baxter across the street for some exercise. We ran and ran and ran. I even took the scooter with me and practiced on the path. I jumped on huge cut logs from the fallen tree (Dad kept saying be careful, Mom kept saying go for it). Then we played "hide and seek" as the stars came out, one by one. We could see our breath in the light from our head lamps. I ran and ran and ran and my sneakers lit up. My dad ran and ran and ran but we could still see him in the dark because his shoes have reflective lights on them. Baxter ran and ran and ran and we could see his eyes reflect strangely in the night. We ran until we were almost too tired to walk home.I have decided I don't mind short, dark November days so much after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment